Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Going Grey with Scrap- Creations

Well, hello there friends! Welcome to another week of the Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge. This week's challenge is a technique challenge. Choose a technique, make a card (or what not) and then link it up for your chance to win....a year subscription to the Through The Craft Room Door magazine! Pretty cool prize huh?

Now, about my card. The technique I used is the Grid Technique and can be found on SCS HERE. It didn't turn out the exact way it is supposed to but I still love it! Believe it or not just about everything used to make this card is from Stampin' Up! Let's see the only thing that is not is the music sheet background stamp which is from the now closed shop, Cornish Heritage Farms and then the Tim Holtz distress ink that is used on that same piece of cardstock. Well, that and I used Copic markers to color the main image.

I was having one of those weird days in my craft room where the sun was really bright so I'm afraid you can't see the sentiment too clearly but I hope you get the idea. Oh, and the sketch is this week's Taylored Expressions sketch, this also will work for the Wild Orchid Challenge for this week which is Classic Christmas, as well as Stamp and Create's challenge which is Tis the Season.

Alright, I know you'll want to check out what everyone else did so make sure you check out their blogs from my side bar to the right. Don't forget to create your card and link it to Kristen's blog HERE for a change to win that magazine subscription!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

12 comments:

Donna said...

Great card, Lorie! Love the grid technique too. I'm going to have to go with the paper piecing technique though 'cause that's definitely one I love. Maybe I'll have to use two techniques. LOL! Have a great day!

Missy said...

This is a great card. I wish I could have gotten some stamps from CHF before they closed shop.
Great coloring job. I so need to get some more copics.

Mary C said...

I love your card this week Lorie. I love the technique that you used, it is perfect for a Christmas card.I remember when every card I made was all SU, how things change. Great job on the challenge this week!

Danni said...

Love your card but really LOVE your new blog look!! Awesome!

Creative Mish said...

This turned out so pretty. I love all the colors, the image and the details. The music background really finished it off.

Kathy W. said...

Fabulous job on your card Lorie. I love the coloring on the bells and the Grid technique is so nice. I'm going to have to try that out:) TFS

Cristina said...

Well look at you! LOVE the new blog look. So darling!!! Cool technique on the card.

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the cute sentiment banner, and those bells! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

Dani said...

Gorgeous card! Wonderful job!

Sue from Oregon said...

Pretty card. Love the grid look too!

Kristine said...

LOOOVE this beautiful Christmas card Lorie. Rich beautiful colors and your image is awesome too. Great card! =)

Basement Stamper said...

Love how the grid technique looks, I really need to try that one!