Saturday, June 16, 2012

I Do, I Do, I Do

Good morning friends!  Just stopping in with a card I made for a bridal shower that I'm going to later today.  We actually have several weddings this summer to go to and I get to go to the shower for one of the other brides today so I put this card together real quick.  Please do note the 'real quick' as I have to say that I do not love this card.  I love the idea of it...it is just the execution didn't turn out quite the way I wanted.  Darn it!
I did manage to make this card according to The Sweet Stop sketch for the week, though so that is a bonus.  The 'I Do's are cut with SCAL on my Cricut with a freebie file from SVG Cuts.  The colors are taken from the wedding invitation that we received from the couple. 

Well, I also have a Care Net volunteer meeting today so I need to go hop in the shower so I can get out the door. 

Have a wonderful weekend all!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Cute card, Lorie! Sometimes we are our own worst critics. I'm sure the bride will be so thrilled that you MADE the card just fr her. Love those free svgcuts!

Glenda Atkins said...

I think you are too hard on yourself, the card is lovely and I'm sure the bride will think so too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Lorie. Love the touch of yellow and blue... the emossed backgorund looks fabulous. The sweet hearts are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

KatieBelle said...

In my humble opinion (!), I think it's adorable. Perhaps it's the wedding colors themselves that have you hesitating. They are beautiful together...but unusual! I know the bride will cherish this card!