Thursday, August 9, 2012

What's in a metric?

Good morning!  Well, my attentions have been turned away from crafting the last couple of days...okay, really from blogging as I've been making a couple of things.  Anyway it is all because of my friend Lori.  She decides to ride in the Manastash Metric (metric means 1,000 km which means 62 miles) Bicycle Tour.  I think...that is something I might be able to do or maybe just the half so I go on a ride with her to find that I loved it.  That gets me into why I haven't been on here.  I have spent a lot of time researching biking, bikes, and the race.  I've decided to do the half Metric with my friend Nicole but we'll be training as if we are doing the full race so I may change my registration if I think I can do it!
So...above is the poster for the ride. It is three days before my 43rd birthday.  I think I might be a little crazy but that is okay!  I've also decided to make a Smash Book of the whole thing so I'm sure you'll see bits and pieces of that as we go along. (All about Smash Books HERE)
Above is a photo of the bike that Todd let me get.  A real race bike and it happens to be just like my friend, Lori's bike!  I asked her first so it wouldn't be weird.  She didn't mind...what a good sport!
And finally...I decided that this race would be about more than just me so I'm going to try and raise some support in the way of donations to World Vision.  I'm hoping to raise $500 which will purchase $6,000 worth of basic necessities for children in the US.  If you'd like to know more about that click HERE.  If you'd like to support me just let me know!

So there you have it!  Do you agree with my I'm crazy assessment?  I just know I'm excited about it!  Well, I'm off to get ready for a ride today!  Have a wonderful day!  Smiley from millan.net

2 comments:

Patti J said...

I'm so proud of you Lorie! How exciting, and I love that you are challenging yourself to train for the full race! Your bike is totally awesome! Of course, I will support you - what a great cause! Email me your address, and I'll mail you a check! Hugs :)

Donna said...

Good for you Lorie! I wish I wasn't working full time so I could do more stuff like that and get healthier. I have managed to keep my weight down since my surgery and hoping to lose a bit more. You go girl. I'll send you something in support of your cause! I hope I can find your addy. if not I'll email you. Have a wonderful weekend!