Saturday, September 3, 2011

1st Sweet Stop Post!

Good Saturday morning friends!  I hope your weekend is going well so far!  I am excited to welcome you to my first Saturday Sweet Stop post!

This weeks sketch is such a wonderful one.  It can be used to either be more clean (like mine) or a little more fussy if you'd like.  So fun! 

The image I used today is from MFT and is called Poppy.  I got it because I love the sentiment behind the poppy in November...Veteran's Day.  The patterned paper I used today is a downloadable set that I found on Etsy.  If you are interested in the designer just shoot me an e-mail. 

I was disappointed at the football game we attended yesterday because our team lost, darn it!  Good news is...the Packers won on Thursday night, yay!

Anyway, I hope you will hop on over to The Sweet Stop to see what the other designers have made as they are ALL fabulous!

Thought of the day:  Sometimes God calms the storms...sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.  My thoughts are with a friend of mine that is going through a really tough time right now.  HUGS girlfriend!

13 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Way to show off your crafty skills for your first Sweet Stop post!Love her paper pieced little dress and the black matting makes it all pop! Welcome to the DT!

Shannon White said...

This is soo Adorable Miss Lorie! Love your Sweet little MFT image and fabulous aper piecing too! your black polkadot ribbon is just the perfect touch! Love it!
So glad to have you on the team!

Hope you have a wonderful Long weekend!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Donna said...

Cute card! Love the colors and the fun image! Have a wonderful weekend!

Patti J said...

Great card, Lorie! That image is just darling, and you rocked the sketch, my friend!!! Congratulations again - wow!!!! What a great team to be a part of...hugs!

Cathymac said...

Welcome to the Sweet Stop Team, Lorie! Your debut is fabulous...love these adorable Pure Innocence images and your paper pieced dress on this one is as cute as can be! I also love reading your thought of the day! Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Welcome to the team Lorie!! What an adorable card. I love her paper pieced dress and that polka dot ribbon!!

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend!!
Hugs,
Wendy

Monika/Buzsy said...

Welcome again to SSS! What a sweet card Lorie. Love the cute image and your coloring. The frame looks great! :o)

Ida said...

Super Cute! Love those PI Girls.

Shelby Goolsby said...

Welcome to the team Lorie!! This card is so sweet, I love the fun colors and paper piecing.

Kristine said...

YAY! Congrats on the SSKC team Lorie!! Your card is adorable--I love those Pure Innocense stamps from MFT! :) Aw2esome Nesties too!

Dani said...

This is so super cute!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card Lorie, love the paper piecing, so well done! Super card for your first Sweet Stop post. Have a great labour day weekend!

Janice M said...

What a cute card!! Love the paper piecing. Welcome to the team!!