Monday, October 17, 2011

Joy

Good morning friends! Welcome to a new week! What fun plans do you have?  I can't say I have anything necessarily fun planned but I have learned to enjoy the status quo.

I decided that yesterday I would make something just for me.  Since my Bible study notebook was just a plan notebook I thought it would be fun to turn it into something that I loved so I searched through my SVG files (to say I have a lot of SVG's would be a major understatement) and found a cute set called Simply Prim Angels (this collection is about half way down the first page of the mini collections section) from My Scrap Chick.  I adored the fun Joy Angel so I decided to use that pattern. 

I used paper from MME Stella and Rose - Mabel collection.  Since they are 6x6 papers I just used two different patterns and made the bottom part where I put the Joy 'title'.  I kinda wish I would have made the angel larger but I think that overall this is super cute and will remind me to keep the Joy of Christ in my life...not just the happiness that our day to day circumstances bring.

I think I'm going to have a little more time to create this week so hopefully I'll be here a little more regularly.  Have a wonderful Monday friends!

Thought of the day:  I wish my friends houses were connected to mine via secret tunnels!  Even those far away!

3 comments:

Patti J said...

I love your tunnel idea! We'd be in so much trouble! We'd stamp all day :) and get nothing else accomplished! Great notebook, Lorie! What fun it will be to take it to your next Bible study! Thanks for sharing, and have a 'joyful' day!

Danni said...

This turned out so pretty and so cute! Wonderful job and how awesome to make something for yourself!! :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome!!!