Friday, January 20, 2012

Dragon Birthday

Good morning! Wow, have we gotten some snow here! Kyler put a tape measure in a place where we know it has only gotten fresh snow (not shoveled snow) and it says 9". I've heard 7" in other places but either way...that is a lot in just a couple of days especially since we haven't had any since Christmas. The city is awful at snow removal too and if it snows too much more without them clearing some of it I won't be able to get around at all. Frustrating!

What is not frustrating, though, is the wonderful sketch at Sketches by Carly this week!  Not only do we have a great sketch but we have a great sponsor...Karen's Doodles.  My goodness...the images she sent the DT to play are adorable!  I chose to use Dragon Birthday as I was in the mood to make a girlie card.  I think I accomplished it...don't you?  I have to be honest that it has been awhile since I colored an image but I LOVED coloring this one.  Don't you think my dragon is so girlie?  You can see I flipped the sketch to make it fit with a larger image which is one of the nicest things with sketches...you can  use them in so many different ways!
Below is the sketch.  Just make up a card using this sketch, link it up to Sketches by Carly and you will be in the running to win 4 of Karen's Doodles!  I'm a bit jealous as I love her images!  (I'm so using the Penguin image, check the SBC website to see it, soon!)

So, there you have it ladies...go, create, have fun!  Tomorrow I'm going to show you a redo of the scrapbook page I shared with you yesterday.  I think you'll really like the change I made!  Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Thought of the day: 
Just had to share this...I thought it was so cute!  Anyone else have a family that LOVES Star Wars?




14 comments:

Patti J said...

Cute as can be, Lorie!!! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

How adorable! Great take on the sketch
Hugs
Julie

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Lori, your card is just too cute! Love how you used the Happy Birthday punch! That worked perfectly!! Great job coloring and love how you turned the sketch!
Hugs, Sarah

Diane said...

She is the cutest dragon I've ever seen,adorable!!!
We've been getting alot of snow too,can't wait for spring and it only the beginning,lol.
Have a good day Lorie!

Donna said...

This is si adorable. I love the dragon and you definitely nailed the girly. I went to the site and signed up to follow by email so I can join in the challenges when time permits. We have a winter weather advisory for tonight. I'm hoping to get home from work before it hits. You've gotten lots more snow than we have this year. Stay safe!

Dani said...

Adorable! Very girlie dragon, great job!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, Lorie! This is so darn cute! I am loving the colors and what you did with the sketch. Your coloring is terrific! Have a great weekend!!

Ida said...

Oh what a cute little dragon. You did a great job on this card, it's quite cute.
You've got more snow then we do but I'd trade over the freezing rain which made our driving really hazardous.
Love the Star Wars cartoon.

Kathy W. said...

Oh she definitely is girlie!! Love this image Lorie, very cute =)

Glenda Atkins said...

Lori your dragon card using Carly's sketch is fabulous and yes, your dragon is indeed girly!

Margreet said...

Love your girlie dragon Lori...your sentiment rocks!
xxx Margreet

Kristine said...

This is such a CUTE birthday card Lorie--love the colors and the adorable dragon image--and of course you know I LOVE that border punch ;) Super job with Carly's sketch--THANK YOU!!

Kris n' Carly
SKETCHES BY CARLY!!

CreativeMish said...

we got about 7 inches of snow then it turned to rain and was a slushy mess... it's now totally melted. Just rain the last couple of days. I love your card! The little dragon is so cute!