Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall Is Coming

Happy Thursday friends! How is your week going?  Kyler's first day of high school was yesterday and it seemed to go well.  He was excited to go and that is half the battle sometimes, huh?  Today I have a card that works for two challenges...The Sweet Stop (the sketch) and Shopping Our Stash (wood grain).
I wanted to start with an image from Designed2Delight so I used part of the Scarecrow Teddy set.  The patterned papers are retired SU! and the wood grain paper is from Amuse studio.  I didn't use a sentiment for this card this time so it can be used for several different occasions. 
And, yes...I went ahead and decorated the inside of the card.  It is just something I have to do now!

So, who has big plans for the weekend?  Other than a long bike ride with the "group" I think I'm pretty laid back this week. Smiley from millan.net I don't mind that at all!  Well, have a great Thursday everyone!

8 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Lorie. Such a great image and fabulous coloring. The papers are perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Shannon White said...

Oh this is Wonderful Miss Lorie! Love the Sweet fall image and terrific coloring! Great dp's too! So thrilled you could join us this week at the Sweet Stop! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Leslie Hanna said...

Yes great coloring, and OMGosh I still have some of that paper. Love it.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautifully put together Lori great colouring and pretty papers! Looks like the inside is lovely too, a wonderful autumn card!

Donna said...

Very pretty card, Lorie! Love the fall colors and theme. I am so ready to be there. My son in North Carolina lost his job and we visited last weekend. My DH left early this morning to help him move back home this weekend. I stayed behind to clean out some areas to put all the extra furniture and boxes. Looking forward to having him home for a while. Send up a few prayers for us that he finds a job soon. Thanks! Have a wonderful laid back weekend!

Ida said...

This is really darling. I love fall (but am not ready yet to let summer go). You should post this for the BloggerChallenge as well since the theme this week is Fall.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love how you turned the sketch . The papers really work well with the coloring of the pretty Fall image. Great card!

Alica said...

very nice! Love the wood grain paper, the other ones too!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica :)