Monday, September 24, 2012

Three Challenge In One Card!!

Smiley from millan.net Here we are back at Monday. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I'm on schedule with my The Cutting Cafe post this week.  it was another one that was a little difficult for me.  We were asked to work with Chevrons.  I've never used Chevrons in my crafting before but I was up for the challenge.  I decided to use the Chevron cutting file and use it as a background on a card.  While I'm not sure you can see it I embossed on the base chocolate chip layer with tiny hearts, too.  I also had several challenges I wanted to enter this week so I'll describe those too.
So, beyond using chevrons on my card I wanted to use the sketch from The Sweet Stop this week so...I did!  I also wanted to use a Sweet n Sassy Stamp to make a card for Todd...so I did.  Isn't that image and sentiment cute?  Another challenge that I wanted to join in on was using something tiny on your project from 365 Cards.  I was supposed to use at least three something tinys so I think between all the dots and the little heart gems I did that, too.
The final challenge I wanted to join in on was also from 365 Cards but this one is to decorate the inside of your card with patterned paper and a sentiment.  Easy schmesy for me 'cuz I almost always do that anyway!

I gotta be truthful.  I started off not liking this card...AT ALL but in the end it is another one that I absolutely adore!  I'm glad I hung with it and didn't throw it out!

Who has fun plans this week?  More importantly who knows this is going to be a great Monday?  I do because the Packers play the Seahawks in Seattle tonight and although we couldn't get tickets we are having a Monday Night Football party.  It will be so fun!

So...go, have a wonderful day!  See you soon!

13 comments:

Regina Easter said...

awe, isn't this the sweetest ever...i love it Lorie...hugs

QuiltNut Creations said...

Too cute! I love the pears.

Sue from Oregon said...

CUTE-ness!

Shannon White said...

So CUTE Miss Lorie!! Love your Adorable paper pieced pairs!! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love this sweet creation Lorie! I love pear images and this one is the cutest.

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

What a great pair...This is awesome and the colors r perfect:) Krista

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Lorie. Those pears are adorable. Love the paper-piecing. The doodles look great and the chevron stripes are fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

DoBea A. said...

This is such a wonderful card! Thanks much for sharing it with us over on the 365 Cards blog!!

Leslie said...

Love it!

Lezlye said...

Cute card, love the paper choices.

Laura Love said...

This is tooo cute! I love the pretty patterns in your papers and those pears are adorable! I love how you did the inside with the chevrons also! Awesome job!

Debbie Adams said...

How cute I love the pears. This is an adorable card. : )