Monday, July 13, 2015

Open When Envelopes

Good morning!  I hope you had a fantastic weekend!  Last week we sent our son off to Camp Electric and then after that he was heading to his grandma and grandpa's house for a week long visit.  I saw these Open When Envelopes in the Silhouette Store (there are many, many envelopes in the store so if you are interested and purchasing the cut file just search for Open When and they will pop right up!) and just had to have them!  They are similar to me to the bags my grandma used to make by brother and I to have in the car on our ride home from her house...they were filled with snacks, comics, and other fun goodies and I loved them...even as a teenager!  I just wanted to do something a little special for him during this trip so the Open When Envelopes are perfect!
 As you can see I made eight cards total.  The very first card he was to open was the Open When - Now envelope.  In it was a card that had directions for the cards, a personal message from us, and then we gave him some spending money for his trip.
 Most of the envelopes had little comics, funny jokes or a little note from me.  Other miscellaneous things in the envelopes were Minion tic tacs and a Magic, The Gathering card he's been wanting.

I didn't make these envelopes super fancy because, one...they were going to a teenage boy.  It's not that he won't appreciate it just that he is a boy ya know and two, I was running out of time.  I don't know what happened but all of a sudden it was two days before he was supposed to fly...what? 

I still feel that these are a fantastic job and I love that I did them for him!  Do you do anything special for your kids when you travel?

No comments: