Thursday, June 30, 2016

It's their anniversary!

Happy Thursday Friends!  I'm back today to show you the (if I say so myself) AWESOME Anniversary card I made for my oldest son and his wife for their 4th wedding anniversary today.  This took me several hours to do but I think it is SO worth it!
 To start off the outside looks like a regular card.  I used a SU! sentiment stamp with MME Paper called Union Square (it's a couple of years old), I added a fun wooden arrow to point out the most important thing in marriage..love big!  The hearts are just punched out of some more of the MME paper.  On the front I've used the I {heart} Sketches summer sketch.
 Now when you open it is when you start seeing there is something different about this beauty.  Though you cannot tell in the above photo the four different pieces of cardstock are actually four panels.  I didn't add any extra journalling or sentiment on these panels as I like them as is.  Everything is sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
And finally when you pull those panels or coupons to the right you see the entire inside of the card.  On the left hand side is a place to write a note to my son and DIL and above a photo from their wedding as a reminder of the day and on the right hand side are the coupons.  I used Jaded Blossom's Alphabet Dies for the larger words.  I think you can see what they each say but I'll break it down for ya...

#happy
dinner at Pasta Company (a restaurant in town)
4 hours of childcare
and the last one is a stamp that says 'once in a lifetime you meet someone who changes everything

Yes, this does fit into a regular envelope, snugly, but it fits and I don't have to mail it so I'm good with that!  I found the tutorial for this on Splitcoaststampers...it is called a Coupon Card.  The only problem with this card?  Exactly how am I going to beat it next year?  Actually...I already have an idea!  :)

I'm going to enter this in the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion:  Anything Goes
Crafting When I Can Challenge:  Any Occasion
Jo's Scrap Shack:  Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog:  Anything Goes

And that is it for today!  Have a wonderful day friends!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great card! Thank you for participating in Jo's Fun Friday Challenge.
:) Michelle
www.MajesticMemories.biz
www.MajesticMemories.biz/wp

Cassandra said...

Love this! Those coupons are awesome! Thanks for joining us in the Jaded Blossom Challenge. :)

snappy scrappy said...

FABBY IDEA!!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Jaded Blossom!

CraftYourPassion said...

Such a beautifully designed card inside and out.Love your paper choices and clever coupons.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x