Sunday, June 28, 2015

My First Ever Vinyl Project!!

One of the things I purchased the Silhouette Cameo for was to be able to cut vinyl to make fun gifts and projects.  What is funny is that I've been too overwhelmed by all that comes with vinyl that I hadn't tried it...until yesterday.  I wanted to make a birthday gift with it though so I put on my big girl panties and got to work.  First I picked out a fun sentiment to put on the glass of the frame I had picked out.  The sentiment was easy to pick because it said exactly what my friend and I talk about...that we are perfectly fine with our age and that we can't wait to get to the next big step.  So, ready to see the gift?

"My favorite age is now"  How perfect this that?  I added a couple of fun little hearts in complimentary colors as well.  Now, since this was my first time making something with vinyl I did mess up and the sentiment is not centered the way I'd like but I've got a couple of tips from people that will lead me in the right direction of getting it perfect next time.  There are actually two pieces of glass in this frame and the sentiment is on the second pieces of glass. 

And then, of course, I needed to have a card and packaging so I threw this little set together.  I purchased all three of the files for these projects from the Silhouette Design Store.  Here is a link to the card, a link to the gift sentiment, and a link to the gift bag sentiment. 

So there you have my crafty Saturday!  I hope you got some time to play in your crafty space this weekend, too!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Woop! Loving these - gotta ♥ the cameo xx