Monday, April 5, 2010

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Happy Monday! I hope that you had just an amazing Easter! Our church service was wonderful and our lunch was yummy!

I thought this Lemon Pasta looked delish so I decided to share the recipe with you. I would probably add some chicken with it added just a couple of Weight Watchers points.

If you get a chance to try this let me know how you like it! Have a wonderful day!

LEMON PASTA


POINTS® Value: 6
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 11 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

We revamped this classic by replacing heavy cream with an egg. The dish is light and lemony, a fantastic quick meal.

Ingredients
8 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
2/3 Tbsp unsalted butter, or 2 teaspoons
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth, or less as needed
1 large egg(s), beaten
1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
2 1/2 tsp lemon zest, or to taste
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
1/4 cup(s) parsley, fresh, minced
Instructions

* Cook pasta according to directions; drain and set aside.

* Add butter and oil to pasta pot; melt over medium-low heat. Add broth; stir and heat through about 1 minute.

* Remove pot from heat and add pasta, egg and cheese; toss well so egg coats pasta. Add lemon juice and zest; toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper; sprinkle with parsley. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

Notes

* You’ll need 1 medium lemon for the zest and juice.

2 comments:

Jennifer ♥ said...

This sounds so yummy and Springy!! I'll have to give it a try :)

Stacy said...

I tried this last week as a main course, it was good but I have to say I think it would be great with fresh peas and salmon in it as well. I don't know how that would effect the points off hand but I think it would taste good! Thanks for the great idea.