Monday, May 3, 2010

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Good Monday morning everyone! Sorry I haven't been around recently but to be honest...I am in the purging/moving part of putting my craft room together and just don't have the space to craft right now. I am going to have some featured stampers coming up starting tomorrow so I hope you'll enjoy that. I should be back in a week or so though. The room itself is coming along beautifully. I love listening to KLOVE while doing just about anything so I know I'm going to have to find room for a radio or listen to it on the computer because I already miss it while putting the room together! I can't wait to get in there and create!

Melon and Cucumber Salad
side dishes

POINTS® Value: 1
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Works with Simply Filling

This juicy, refreshing salad is a fabulous addition to any summer meal. Serve it as a side dish or a light dessert.

Ingredients
1 large honeydew melon, chopped (about 4 cups)
1 medium English cucumber, peeled, chopped (about 2 cups)
4 medium scallion(s), thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
2 Tbsp plain fat-free yogurt
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp spearmint, leaves, chopped
1 tsp table salt
Instructions

* Toss all ingredients together in a large serving bowl. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

I hope you enjoy your Monday and have a great week, too!

3 comments:

Donna said...

This sounds ymuumy! We just went through a remodel too and I was so glad to get back to crafting in my own space. Hope you get things organized soon. Have a great week!

Jeannette Siciliani said...

I love both cucumber and melon, guess I'll have to try this. When I return from my trip, I'll be doing the Daniel Fast. I'm in much need of some deep cleansing in all areas of my life. If I don't get a chance to post to your blog again before I leave on vacation, have a wonderful Mother's Day! {{Hugs}}

Stampin Jewels said...

Thanks for the recipe! It's great to meet someone who likes to stamp AND likes to listen to KLOVE! Positive, encouraging.... : )