Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Have a grande good time!

Good morning friends! I hope you've had a wonderful start to your week. My week just continues to get busier and busier but it is all good! Today I have a little gift to show you.  I know it looks a little eclectic but I wanted to do two distinctly different things with this and I couldn't decide which so I made one side more serious and one side cute.  This gift is for a friend of ours going on a woman's retreat this week.  Sometimes you need that extra uumph ya know!
So, this side is made with paper from Webster's Pages petite papers Ladies and Gents (I think...it was in a double collection pack.).  I used the 'Miss You a Latte' image from MFT and then did the sentiment on my computer.  Very simple and basic but I like it.
This side then is made with papers from Webster's Pages from the Country Estate collections (again, I think...this one came from a triple collection paper pack).  I added a sentiment that I have saved to my computer (not sure where from) and a butterfly.  I really like what the little signs say so enlarge it and check it out.
And then I had to add some fun on the top of the bottles with flowers.  I just adhered them together and put them on the top with a big 'ole glue dot.  It will still be easy to get the plastic off the lid for consumption. 

I think this will make my friend and her com padres smile.  I'm way behind in my crafting so you may or may not see things that are not DT work this week.  I hope you'll be patient and stick with me.  Have a wonderful Tuesday friends!

Thought of the day:  Even if your on the right track you'll get run over if you just sit there.  Will Rogers

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word: LOVE!!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love it! such a great idea.

Patti J said...

What a fun gift - your friend will love it! She won't want to open those bottles :) Pure genius having each side different that way! Perfection, once again, my friend!

Danni said...

You rock!! Totally fabulous project!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Lorie, this is just adorable! I love the idea. I have decorated a single jar of this drink but never the holder. How fun! Great thinking! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Hugs, Sarah

Ida said...

Fabulous gift! Looks great.

Donna said...

What a great idea! Never thought to give something like this when going on a retreat! Love the eclectic look!

Jennifer ♥ said...

Super cute! Love Starbucks :)

Kristine said...

Sheesh, LOOOVE these Lorie!! What great gifts. I'm gonna have to do something like this for my girls teachers this year. Awesomely decorated- love those li'l flowers on top! Great job :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Very impressive work, love it!!

Sue from Oregon said...

What a great friend project!!!