Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'll be back again Someday!

Good morning!  No, I did not disappear...this has just been an incredibly busy week so far!  I have two bits of VERY exciting info.  One crafting related and one personal.

First, up crafting related very exciting announcement.  I am, officially, a member of the Meljen's Designs DT..  I am SO excited!  I applied thinking I would never be selected so I put it out of my mind.  And then, an e-mailed arrived that I had been chosen for the team.  I am so thrilled!  I love the cute, whimsical images that Meljen's has and am excited to share them with you!  That said...today is my first challenge with them. The theme is Inspired by a Christmas Song and the newest set, 'Christmas Carols', is so perfect for this challenge!  There is something about Frosty the Snowman that is so endearing so I had to chose this image.  I added it to MME Be Merry papers, snowflakes, and a lovely bow to make this card.  I hope you'll play along with this fun challenge!  I'll be checking, and commenting, on the entries for the challenge so I'll see ya there!

So, what is my other bit of exciting news?  Well, my son, Jon, is back int he states for his mid-tour leave!  Woohoo!  This blog will be pretty silent for the next week as I spend some time with him.  I don't even feel like I need to 'do' anything with him.  Just being in his presence will be more than enough!

Thought of the day: Yeah, my son's experience is way more like the one on the right.  Please pray for our soldiers!

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Congratulations, Lorie! I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to see what you create with these fun images! Your Frosty card is just adorable! Girl, don't you even think about the computer for the next week! Enjoy your time with your handsome and amazing son, for it will pass to quickly! We will be here when you get back. We'll miss you! Hugs and blessings, my friend - love ya!!!

Danni said...

Congrats!! Love Melissa's images!! Cute card and enjoy your time with Jon!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Congrats! A lovely card and have a blessed time with your son!

Kristine said...

Such a cute card Lorie, and a big CONGRATS, woot woot to you for making the Design Team!! *Ü* You'll have fun for sure.

That's so awesome that he's home -- hope you get lots of quality time with him in the short bit he's prolly here. What a great early CHristmas pressie for mom eh? :)

Ida said...

Congrats on the new DT gig, You'll be great at it. - Such a cute card.
So happy that you have your son home to spend some time with.

Dani said...

Woo! Congrats girlie!
So glad you get to spend some time with your boy. So happy for you my friend!