Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Another Spider Friend!

Morning all! As I was thinking about the Halloween Treats I was making for the kids I remembered that we had one of our special trick or treaters for a day this summer and when I had her over I offered her a mint (that came from a container like the one before). Well, I have it from a good authority that she really likes those mints (her mom told me)so....I had to make her a spider with the mint box as the base!
So, this is the yummy mints that my little friend likes.  I don't blame her 'cuz they are my favorite, too!
I used the same file as I used for the front of the treat boxes and just attached one outline to each side of the box.  I decorated it the same as the boxes being sure to use purple as it is her favorite color.
And here is the front.  I stink at putting the smile on there as this one ended up crooked but I don't think that will matter.  Maybe it gives it character, right?

Anyway, there you go...another cutie spider idea.  Remember the spider body was made with the Spider Treat Box files from The Cutting Cafe. 

I have added a few things to my schedule this week including being a Care Net for a few hours today.  And...it is my birthday today so that will make it all the more fun!  I hope you all have a great day today!

9 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

That super cute Lorie.

Sue from Oregon said...

So cute! love that little purple nose and matching ribbon!

Regina Easter said...

oh my word...............THIS IS TO CUTE...

Patti J said...

Eeeks! There they are again! Cute as can be, Lorie! Love these :) Glad you shared :)

bumblebee creations said...

how fun!! such cute little spiders-now if they really looked like that we all probably wouldn't mind them!

Donna said...

OMG I missed your birthday! Happy Birthday girl friend! Hope your day was fabulous! Your special friend will absolutely love the spider. Very cute!

Karen Howard said...

Hi Lorie, what a fantastic spider, I LOVE it! We met on the Doodle Pantry design team. I'm excited to be part of the Designed2Delight design team along with you and am your newest follower! Hugs, Karen

Kelly L said...

That has to be the cutest spider ever. :) I am sure she will love it.

Imke said...

How cute is that ?!?!?