Thursday, September 22, 2011

Clear Dollar Stamps SVG Release Day

Good morning friends! Can you believe the week, as well as the month is almost over already? Where did it go?  I'm excited for tomorrow as my step-daughter Brianna is coming for a visit and we haven't seen her for over a year so it will be fun!  Please pray for her safety as she drives about 6 hours to get here.

So, today is SVG release day over at Clear Dollar Stamps and you know how much I love SVG so I had to sign up to make a preview of these super cute Windmill SVG and PDF!

Obviously the SVG is from Clear Dollar Stamps and when I saw it I thought it would be fun to make it into something that I could give to a teacher so I used the Boyfriend mini deck from Cosmo Cricket as it has perfect papers for this type of thing.  So, I cut the base and blades from an orange cardstock from American Crafts then resized the blades to cut them from the patterned paper.  I just measured and cut the box patterned paper myself.  Using a brad makes it so the blades rotate but I put it on there pretty tightly so it doesn't rotate freely.  There is lots of sponging going on with some not quite navy ink.  I then filled the back with pixie sticks for the teacher to give out.  I gave you a side shot as well so you could see how deep the box part is.

I hope that you like my Windmill but I think you should go check out what the others made with this SVG because those are just beautiful!  Click HERE to go to the Clear Dollar Stamps blog. 

Well, there you have it for today!  Have a wonderful day!

Thought of the day:  When you stamble...make it a part of the dance. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That is so clever!

Kristine said...

that's really CUTE Lorie! I'm sure Kyler's teacher will appreciate it *Ü*

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Lorie, this is just adorable! Love the colors you choose. This project is just so fun! Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it, what a super wonderful creation!

Donna said...

Great gift for a teacher. Love your paper selection. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is very fun Lorie!

Monika/Buzsy said...

How creative Lorie. Love that windmill... great papers!