Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Sweet Stop

Happy Saturday friends!  Whew I have been so tired recently so I'm so glad it is Saturday! 

It is another Sweet Stop Saturday.  I really love creating for this sketch challenge blog.  I get to use images that I like with some of the best sketches out there and the other DT girls are so sweet and encouraging!  Onto the card:

You can see the sketch to the left and that I took a little creative liberty with it but I'm super happy with how this came out.

For this card I used the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps image called Rhubarb's Punkins.  As always Rhubarb is just the cutest!  I used retired SU! paper (again), a fence border punch with some A Muse wood grained paper (my A Muse website is HERE) and the sentiment is from the Fall Time Cocoa clear stamp set.  The image was colored with Copic Markers.

Okay, well...you enjoy your weekend...make sure you hug your family and tell them you love them!

Thought of the day:  You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.  Dr. Seuss

11 comments:

Cathymac said...

You can't get more cute than Rhubarb...your card is adorable, Lorie...perfect for the beginning of fall! Funny thing...I had just decided to go with this image when I saw your upload...great minds think alike! LOL!

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh, goodness! This is so sweet! Such a great fall card! I love the fence, baker's twine, and the bitty little teddy bear charm! So cute!

Shannon White said...

OMGosh Miss Lorie, this is so Darned CUTE!! 8-) Love your Sweet Rhubarb image! I have this one too but have yet to ink it up, so Thanks so much for the Terrific inspiration! Love the perfect dp's and the Darling picket fence and Sweet Bear charm are just Fabulous touches! Love the whole thing!

Hope you are having a Wonderful Weekend!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh how CUTE!! I love the beautiful fall colors and all the little details like the bear charm. And I can see that you even decorated the inside!! :)

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Lorie, what a darling card. That image is just so cute! Love that paper and the colors in it. Such a sweet card!
hugs, Sarah

Unknown said...

Hi Lorie! What an adorable card!! Just love that little teddy image and the beautiful pappers! Have a great day! Hugs and sunshine!/Sari

Ida said...

Simply wonderful, sweet and very adorable. Great take on the sketch.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet fall card Lorie. Love cute Rhubarb and the coloring is just perfect. The charm, twine, and fence look great!

Pat (mspfd) said...

How very sweet, Lorie! You really nailed the sketch and you did a fabulous job showcasing this precious image. Love the sky background and your wonderful mix of colors and design.

Janice M said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!! Love the little fence you added!

Kristine said...

Where have i been this week?! Got lots to catch up on here... sorry I was MIA :( Love your card though! You've been making some really fabby stuff!! Keep that mojo coming, :)