Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Love Birds

Good morning friends! I hope you all had an amazing weekend! What did you do? Do you have any fun plans this week?  I have decided that this week is my week to get into a good routine.  I've been struggling with that and I don't like that feeling so...starting today I'm working on making a schedule of my things to do.   Wish me luck!

So, today I have a super cute image to show you from Doodle Pantry.  It is called Love Birdies and it is in color so this card was a snap to put together.  Rather than making the image into a circle I decided to cut it out and pop it up on a background, so to speak, circle.  I think it gave it the look I was going for.  My friend, Debby, gave me a Craft Warehouse gift card for Christmas so while we were doing some shopping I got two 6x6 paper pads.  This one is called Love Struck and is by We R Memory Keepers.  (The other pad of paper is WRMK as well but is for Easter...I'm thinking ahead!)  I love how the Love Struck pad has the blue papers for boys and some wonderful pinks for girls.  I used this weeks Sweet Sunday Sketch for this card. 
Can you see in the little paper that is hanging outside the home it says L Smiley from millan.net T, which stands for Lorie Smiley from millan.net Todd...of course.  It is just a fun little element I know Todd will notice. 
Then for the inside I just used some leftover paper from the front, punched out a heart, and printed my sentiment on white.  It is true...I just like being with my husband.  We don't have to be doing anything but just being near him makes me feel all safe and warm.  Smiley from millan.net

Well, there you have it for today.  I'm hoping to have a scrapbook page to show you tomorrow.  Have a fantastic day!

A BIG Smiley from millan.netto Eva today! I hope you have a great day!


Thought of the day:  "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."  Anne Frank  (you can't argue with that!)



15 comments:

Dawn Frost said...

Those love birdies are adorable! What a nice card to give someone.

Patti J said...

I need some of that schedule stuff to rub off on me! I feel so disorganized! Your card is so sweet. I did enlarge it, and loved the L and T. How sweet! I think it's wonderful that you love being with your DH. I love spending time with mine, as well. He's my true soulmate. Last, I love your blog look! Very pretty, my friend! Have a good day...

Karen Giron said...

How cute is this? I love how you personalized it and those little birds are the sweetest! Love them!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Lorie, first of all good luck with getting into routine. I'm a routine girl to and don't like it when I'm out of routine. This card is just adorable. Love your paper on the outside of the next. What a cute idea! Love the background paper too! Great card!
Hugs, Sarah

Danni said...

I'm a routine gal but so far, haven't had much luck with getting into one after the new year, hope you fall into one easier!!
What an adorable card, so sweet!!
Also have to say WOW to your new blog layout, looks great!!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - this card is a keeper - love all the great layering and fab colors. And, the bakers twine was such the right touch - love it!

Amy Johnson said...

So adorable! I just love this new image and made a card with it myself. I just haven't posted it yet.

AllisonG said...

Ohhh, I love your new WRMK paper! Your image looks so good with it and what a great choice to cut out your image. Your "L loves T" is such a personal touch, but I'm more impressed that your husband would notice it - mine wouldn't!!! We joke all the time about how UNobservant he is. LOL

Kristine said...

Hi Lorie :) Very cute card... and may I say... love the new blog look too! Although I kinda wish at this point we could skip over the chilly winter and go right into Spring ;) Can't believe winter hasn't really started yet! Maybe it'll be very mellow one. I'm sure your hubby will like this one. I made mine one with this image as well! *Ü*

Karen Howard said...

Oh wow, how fabulous! This is really STUNNING!!!

Patti P. said...

This is Grrreat! as Tony the Tiger would say....those are fabulous papers and your design with them is over the top cute. Love the patterned heart over the dp inside...such unique special touches throughout your card. Todd will be sure to love this, how could he not?
Love the new header and design, those skates are my fave part.

Donna said...

What a great card! Love that Doodle Pantry image. Hope your schedule is going well!

Sue from Oregon said...

I am sure your sweetums will love this Lori...!

Kathy W. said...

Love this card Lorie, the papers are great and the layout is awesome.

I too love your new blog look, very wintery.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awww, this is the sweetest. What a beautiful combination of elements. Beautiful work, Lorie.