Thursday, September 17, 2015

Although...

Good morning friends!  Wow, it's Thursday already?  Has your week gone as fast as mine?  I'm pretty impressed though I've gotten more crafting in then I thought I would!  I finally made myself sit down and make a sympathy card yesterday.  Our sweet neighbor's daughter died about a week and a half ago after a 5 year battle with cancer.  Can I just say...cancer sucks.  It takes way too many lives! 
I think because of the fact I don't like to make sympathy cards I find they are much more clean and simple.  For this card I used the PTI set With Sympathy, layered it with some rose red colored cardstock, punched out some butterflies and stamped (and wrote) a sentiment inside and decided it would be good.  I also placed some Hershey's Nuggets in a little baggie, tied it with some twine and will give it to our neighbor as I know I love some chocolate when I'm grieving and I'm glad to be across the street to give her some hugs regularly!

Tonight is my volunteer day at Care Net and then my son's senior pictures so I'm not sure I'll have time to get crafting done but I'll see you back here soon!  Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Your card is so pretty, Lorie, but I hate the reason you needed it. Yes, cancer sucks. Thanks for sharing!