Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pink, Red, and White

Happy Thursday friends!  I don't typically like color challenges all that much but Stamp Anniething is having their first challenge so I thought I'd join it.  It is to use the colors Pink, Red, and White.  Well, I love that color combo so why not give it a go, right? 

I actually started off making this card by coloring the image.  I just chose some pink and red Copics hoping I could make it work for a card.  After I had her colored I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketch and decided I could make that work for what I wanted to do.  I'm still pretty new to the shaker card idea but I love this heart die from the Heart of Hearts Dies at Craftin Desert Divas so I knew I had to try it.  I've used SU! dazzling diamonds glitter paper (and boy is it glittery!) running it through my big shot with the die and then just pushing the little hearts that were cut by the die out and putting them aside.  I then found some acetate (I didn't think I had any!) and made the shaker.  I was going to originally use sequins and such but decided I would probably need to many so I thought a patterned paper and the cut out little hearts would work and it did!!  I added Kelly to the card and ran one of the arrows (from the same set linked above) through the big shot and placed it on top of the die.  I also added one of the die cut hearts to Kelly's shirt.  That panel is, of course, popped up and placed on the patterned paper and then both are on the base of SU!s shimmer paper. 

Inside I stamped the Jaded Blossom Valentine Luggage Tag image and then layered in red with the white base.  Perfect, I think!  Soooo...what do you think of my Valentine Card in Pink, Red, and White?

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches - sketch 221
Stampin' Anniething - Pink, Red, and White
The Sisterhood of Crafers - The word love or a heart 
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Paper Play Sketches - Inaugral Chalenge show a card made with any sketch

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Awesome Valentine design Lorie! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘LOVE Letters’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Scrapper69 said...

This is soooo PRETTY! LOVE your card! Thanks for joining us over at Paper Play Sketches!! :) Have a Great Day!

Theresa (PPS DT)
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

KraftyKoolKat said...

Pretty and cute. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Janis Lewis said...

Lorie! This is fabulous. I love your combination of die cuts and digi images. Great job! Thanks for linking up your project at Paper Play Sketches. Now & then we will post some of the entries to our Facebook blog page. If you’d like to be tagged if we post your’s, please friend request me on Facebook HERE and like our page HERE!
Our challenges are every other Wed. Link up as often as you’d like!
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy
Paper Play Sketches, Creator & DT Member
PDE Linky Party, Creator & DT Member

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet Valentine! Your little gal is adorable colored in pinks and reds! The die cut heart is lovely! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Georgiana said...

What a wonderful Valentine's Day card. I need to check out this sketch since I haven't played with Freshly Made Sketches before. Thank you for joining our Sketch Challenge this week at Paper Play Sketches.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Paper Play Sketches DT

Jen Brum said...

What great Valentine's Day cards! Love that die cut heart! So pretty! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kimberly J. said...

So pretty!! Love your die and that fun image! Great job!
Thanks for linking up your project using our sketch at Paper Play Sketches.
Our challenges are every other Wed. Link up as often as you’d like! Have a wonderful day!!
Kimberly, DT Member :)
Kimberly’s Craft Spot
Paper Play Sketches, DT Member

Sand Lee said...

This is so FAB! I love it!!! xx

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

How fun! I love all the great hearts and that image is so, so cute!
Thanks for linking up your project using our sketch at Paper Play Sketches.

Our challenges are every other Wed. Link up as often as you’d like!

Tanya, DT Member

Studio 5380

Paper Play Sketches, DT Member

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Lorie!
I love your card. I saw it over on Creative Card Crew and had to come take a closer peek. I'd love to have you stop by these fun challenges to share your wonderful cards wtih us. I'd sure be honored to have you join us.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

CropStop - Anything Goes
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/linky-party-12-anything-goes/